CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you –
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) According to the National Department of Health, more than 53 900 tests have been conducted so far. Mass screenings are currently underway in vulnerable communities across the country.
2) An 81-year-old Bo-Kaap woman died after being infected with the coronavirus yesterday and was buried according to Muslim rites at the Mowbray Cemetery this morning.
3) Despite the panic of the coronavirus pandemic and the lives it has taken, South Africans remain positive that they’ll get through this difficult time together as a nation, and that there are positives lessons to take from this global crisis.
4) As Cape Town hit the wedding season, due to the pandemic, many weddings and events had been canceled and postponed leaving many flowers with no purpose. A team of Florists and Designers teamed up to lift spirits of residents in an old age home in Paarl just before the official lockdown of South Africa.
5) Home screening and testing programmes were unveiled in uMlazi, south of Durban, as the next step in the fight against the coronavirus pandemic were taken.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor