CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you –
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) The national lockdown has caused the Covid-19 epidemic curve to flatten, but Professor Salim Abdool Karim believes an exponential spread is unavoidable and will happen at some point.
2) Durban taxi owner Shan Naidoo says the taxi industry will never be the same again with many other owners starting to feel the economic pressure.
3) Today is day 20 of the initial 21-day national lockdown and our people are struggling.
African News Agency journalist Shifaan Ryklief writes to the people living on the Cape Flats about the dangers of Covid-19 and that the virus is on their doorstep.
4) The total Covid-19 related deaths have risen to 34, while infections are at 2506, an increase of 91.
5) Whether it’s being laid off or taking a pay cut, only some will emerge financially unscathed from the coronavirus pandemic. Here are some tips on how you can save up cash during this time:
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor