CAPE TOWN – The Covid-19 pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you.
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Following a Cabinet meeting on Monday with the National Coronavirus Command Council, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that R500 billion rand to be channelled into healthcare, vital municipal services and social relief.
2) President Cyril Ramaphosa announced an increase in child support grant. He added that the government is focussing on three economic response measures and they are now in the second phase.
3) Health minister Zweli Mkhize announced that Covid-19 infections in South Africa have increased by 165, bringing the total to 3465 and that the biggest risk of spread identified in the Eastern Cape was the cultural practices at funerals.
4) Allan Gray Fellows Daniel Ndima and Dineo Lioma of CapeBio have created a Covid-19 test kit that provides results in 65 minutes.
The qCPR kits come at the perfect time to allow the country to weather the current crises as the infection rate increased to 3300 with 58 deaths.
5) Hunger has been a consistent issue during lockdown and South African NGO’s and NPO’s are working hard to ensure the vulnerable get the resources they need.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor