CAPE TOWN – The Covid-19 pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you.
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) The Bacillus Calmette–Guerin (BCG) vaccine is one of the oldest and most trusted immunisations and around 500 healthcare workers will take participate in a clinical trial to determine if BCG (re)vaccination will reduce the probability of Covid-19 infections.
2) Public Works Minister, Patricia de Lille has called for an urgent investigation into the matter where a group of 180 South African citizens were sent to the wrong quarantine site after being repatriated from the United States.
3) It is uncertain as to when the national lockdown will end due to Covid-19 which leaves cars parked in garages for long periods.
The longer your car is parked the more risk there is in causing damage to it. We’ve put together some tips to keep your car in good condition over the next few weeks :
4) The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) has launched an online smoking cessation programme called Kick Butt amid the ongoing debate on the ban of cigarettes.
5) Cayenne pepper is a good pain reliever and helps relieve different types of bodily pain. Take a look at our DIY Health Tonic video to see how to prepare your cayenne pepper and ginger shot.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor