CAPE TOWN –With delivery services high in demand due to the global pandemic, Uber grabbed the opportunity to launch its new Uber Connect service in South Africa.
Through the Uber app, users can send items by requesting Uber Connect, however, packages must total less than R1 500 in value and fit inside the box of a motorbike.
How to use Uber Connect
- Update your app as Uber Connect is part of the main Uber app
- Set the address in the app
- Choose Uber Connect as the vehicle (Swipe up to see the option)
- Ensure the package is sealed in a box or bag
- Load the package into the topbox
- Share the trip with the recipient
This service is limited to areas in which Uber Eats operate and prohibited items include medication, recreational drugs and illegal items.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter: @sacoronamonitor