CAPE TOWN –Despite warnings by health and government officials about a possible second wave of the coronavirus, the Western Cape government says that sticking to their recovery plan remains a priority.
Last week, Health minister Zweli Mkhize warned about a possible resurgence following a spike in infection numbers, with the Western Cape being highlighted with a 42% increase.
However, Premier Alan Winde explained that his team is aware of the increase in numbers the province is experiencing, and that it is linked to clusters and that most of these cases have recovered.
“It feels like things are getting a lot more back to normal. Of course, our focus is still on Covid-19 but much more on the recovery, on jobs, on safety, on dignity,” said Winde.
“We are still watching what’s happening in the other parts of the world where the numbers are really climbing. We are still flattening that curve and want everyone to continue to help do so,” he said.
“The Premier’s recovery plan is a very carefully thought through and will be a very effective plan”
— Premier Alan Winde (@alanwinde) October 23, 2020
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter:@sacoronamonitor