CAPE TOWN – The Covid-19 pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you.
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) If you are not an essential worker, you are not allowed to leave your home unless you going to the shop, hospital, or petrol station.
Here’s what you need to know and what you’ll need to have with you on the roads so that you don’t get on the wrong side of the law.
2) President Cyril Ramaphosa struggled to place the second strap around his ear while putting on his mask during his address on Thursday, and ended up with the mask being placed over his eyes for just enough time for citizens to reference a 2018 post-apocalyptic movie, Bird Box.
3) There are at least 92 Coronavirus vaccines under development and researchers are testing new approaches they hope can produce vaccines in months rather than years.
4) President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that there will be an ease in lockdown restrictions and outlined a phase relaxation of the restrictions detailing a 4 level alert system.
Each level varies in severity of restrictions, and the National Command Council determines when the country moves from one level to another.
5) Small businesses have felt the pinch due to the national lockdown but despite the challenges, Sir Lowry’s Grocer owner Hayder Rawoot, has a strong sense of duty towards the community and is doing his bit in order to curb the spread of the virus.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor