CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you –
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Health minister Zweli Mkhize announced that South Africa now has 1380 confirmed Covid-19 cases, an increase of 27 confirmed cases.
2) Health minister Zweli Mkize launched 67 Coronavirus mobile sampling and testing units in Gauteng. These units will be deployed nationwide to all metropolitan municipalities as part of a mass screening and testing programme.
3) It is clear that South Africa’s healthcare system will struggle to accommodate the masses should the Covid-19 outbreak spiral out of control. Countries like China built temporary hospitals within days, but how would that look for South Africa?
4) South Africa is in the first week of the national lockdown due to the Coronavirus outbreak and South Africans share what their survival kits are to get them through this difficult time.
5) The news about Covid-19 came a few days before the close of the school term, and children from across the country said goodbye to their holidays and hello to a 21-day lockdown period.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor