CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you –
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) A group of South African scientists and researchers at the University of the Western Cape (UWC) have contributed have successfully sequenced South Africa’s first SARS-COV-2 genome to contribute to the cure for Covid-19.
2) Nationwide testing centres for Covid-19 have opened up. Here’s a list of all the centres according to your province.
3) The country-wide mass screening and testing programmes by the Department of Health is in full swing. Health workers will visit homes and communities across the county, and we’ve put together a detailed rundown of what to expect during the test.
4) Globally there are over one million confirmed coronavirus cases with over 69 000 deaths. The first known coronavirus patient was reported in Wuhan China in early December, with the World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the virus a global pandemic in March.
5) It’s been just over a week into the 21-day lockdown period and South African children have been creative at home with TikTok being the preferred app for posting hilarious videos of themselves.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor