CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you –
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Health minister Zweli Mkhize announced another Covid-19 related death in South Africa, bringing the total to 13.
2) Everyone’s sleep pattern has changed since the start of the 21-day national lockdown, and no matter what we see on television and social media, you are unable to get away from the
Since the lockdown began, everyone’s sleep pattern has changed dramatically. No matter what we see on television and social media, the constant flow of Covid-19 news and opinions. Will the lockdown be extended? Death and infection rates constantly rising?
3) South Africa shows their support with a message to nurses, doctors and all essential workers who are on the front line during the 21-day lockdown period due to Covid-19.
4) Following the news of an infection in Chatsworth, a township South of Durban, people took to social media spreading fake news and revealing the identities of the victim and his family.
Chatsworth ward councillor Previn Vedan appealed for calm and said the infected person was treated and transferred to Greys Hospital in Pietermaritzburg some 80 kilometres away.
5) Everyone is speaking the new lingo from your local politician, pastor, taxi driver, and even your kids. Here are just a few words that reflect how the virus has infected our vocabulary.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor