CAPE TOWN – Dischem reopens their Covid-19 testing facilities throughout South Africa but this comes with a couple of changes helping manage and maintaining a consistent flow.
Early July, Dischem had announced that their Covid-19 testing facilities are to be closed due to a few difficulties that arose such as backlogs of tests results due to laboratories needing to prioritise other tests due to the surge in infections throughout the country.
The company had announced that their facilities are up and running in certain areas with the rest to resume operation soon but with a few adjustments to the system helping reduce the strain on testing laboratories and in-effect maintain consistent flow in turnaround times for results.
In order to get tested these are the processes you will need to follow:
- All patients must pre-register. Pre-registration has been implemented to control the number of tests per day; per station to avoid any backlog and delay in results from the laboratories.
- Once you have registered an SMS confirming your selected station, date and a visitor’s ID will be sent to you.
- On arrival at your selected testing station present your visitors ID.
- Test results will be sent via SMS to your registered cell phone number as soon as they are released.
- The re-opening of the testing stations will be phased in over the next few weeks. Please monitor our website for the updated information.
These are some of the facilities that are open:
Address: Centurion Mall, Heuwel Rd, Centurion Central, Centurion, 0157
Contact details: 012 612 0261/2/3/4
Eastgate – Bedfordview
Address: Eastgate Mall, 43 Bradford Road, Bedfordview, Johannesburg, 2007
Contact details: 010 541 0031
Address: Fourways Mall, Cnr William Nicol & Witkoppen, Fourways, Sandton, 2068
Contact details: 011 465 4420
Tygervalley – Willowbridge
Address: Willowbridge Shopping Centre, Carl Cronje Rd, Tygervalley, 7530
Contact details: 0219177500
Address: Berkshire Boulevard Shop G, 100 Table Bay Mall, Table View, Cape Town, 7441
Contact details: 021 612-0172
Address: 16 Tokai Road Shop F206 Blue Route Mall, Tokai, Cape Town, 7945
Contact details: 0217101230
Address: Ballito Lifestyle Centre, Corner P398 & P445 Main Road, Ballito, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, 4420
Contact details: 031 612 0321
Register and book a Covid-19 slot or to find out more information on other facilities and reopening dates here.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter: @sacoronamonitor