CAPE TOWN – The Covid-19 pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you.
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) The lockdown Level 4 regulations states that South Africans must wear a face mask, but covering your face doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep your distance. It also doesn’t mean that you’re good to hang out at the park with your friends as long as you’re wearing one.
2) Turmeric and Ginger Milk, also known as the ‘Golden Milk’ is an old Indian traditional tonic that has many health benefits to help speed recovery from flu-like symptoms.
3) A group of Nyanga community members mobilised to start a clean-up campaign to help stop the spread of diseases and pollution in the area.
Lulama Benge, who initiated the clean-up campaign, is one of the 15 people who took to the streets to clean-up.
4) Researchers initially indicated that 40-70 percent of South Africans were likely to contract the Covid-19 and it’s clear that with this expectation, the reported 1 111 operational ventilators and 2 105 operational in the private healthcare system will not suffice.
5) Government has been unclear about schools returning back to normal and parents are hesitant to send their kids back without clarity on their safety. Could homeschooling be a better alternative?
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor