CAPE TOWN – The Coronavirus pandemic is creating an information overload, so we’ve decided to make things easier for you –
Here are five stories you might have missed today:
1) Health Minister Zweli Mkhize announced that South Africa has five deaths and 1353 confirmed Covid-19 cases.
2) health Minister Zweli Mkhize spoke to the media in Durban and said that KwaZulu-Natal is on the right course in the managing of the Coronavirus outbreak.
“I came to visit the province to see how they are approaching this matter.
“After having the discussion with the Premier [Sihle Zikalala], the MEC [Nomagugu Simelane-Zulu] and after visiting the war room I can say that KwaZulu-Natal are on the course to taking the process forward,” he said.
3) A medical doctor at Paarl hospital, Chanell Marthinussen, shares what it’s like being a doctor during the Covid-19 pandemic. She admits that she fears for her life every day and the prospect of bringing the virus back home to her family.
4) With the slightest cough or scratchy throat, many are wondering if it could be caused by the Coronavirus. Here are the correct steps to take if you think you may have the symptoms:
5) Global experts are still trying to fully understand the novel Coronavirus, with many having raised concerns about pregnant women and if they are at a higher risk.
For LIVE updates on the Coronavirus pandemic, follow us on Twitter : @sacoronamonitor